Sunday, January 17, 2021

... I Cancelled My Amazon Prime Membership

Simple put - Irish customers aren't getting nearly as much as their UK counterparts, but are charged the same (£7.99 a month or £79 a year). I won't go into the new import tax and VAT that we now need to pay on most purchases shipped from the UK post-brexit.

Here's a comparison of available benefits that I would have been interested in. The others either don't interest me or are available in both jurisdictions.

The argument is that Ireland are too small to be catered for, but much like Amazon's attitude to Irish customers - I don't care.

Delivery


Ireland

UK

Unlimited Premium Delivery

No

Yes

Unlimited Same Day Delivery

No

Yes

Delivery Upgrades

Yes

Yes

Unlimited Priority Delivery

Yes

Yes

Amazon Day

Yes

Yes

Amazon Fresh

No

Yes

Morrisons On Amazon

No

Yes


Videos & Photos



Ireland

UK

Prime Video

Limited

Yes

Prime Video Channels

Yes

Yes

Prime Photos

Yes

Yes


Music



Ireland

UK

Prime Music

No

Yes

Prime Music Unlimited

No

Yes


Prime Wardrobe



Ireland

UK

Prime Wardrobe

No

Yes



 

No comments:

Post a Comment