I watched Julie & Julia last night.
While the movie's subject matter had little to do with anything in my life, I find myself in a similar predicament to Julie - I'm pushing 30 and feel like I've gone nowhere.
As motivation, I, like many thousands of others, have decided to use a blog to focus my daily endeavors. My steps towards becoming the person I really want to be.
I've really no idea who that person is, but I'll start by detailing a few interests.
- Music - I can't imagine life without it. I wish I could spend every day playing music and that this could keep me in food.
- Computers - For the guts of 20 years I've spent 6.5 of the 7 days in a week on a computer. I love em and loath em. I've begun to feel that I use the internet much like others do soap operas - I read about other peoples' lives and I live my own through their exploits. I've been trying to cut down, but working in IT doesn't lend itself to getting away from them.
- Beer - Like most Irish, I've a massive fondness for beer. I've toyed with home brewing and would like to venture further into this in the near future.
This reads more like a personal notepad than anything else, but fuck it, I gotta get organized.
This is the plan for each day:
- I will cover at least one topic from the above 3 headings.
- I will set the following days topic(s)
I will talk about writing a song.